- This event has passed.
Community History Showcase
October 26, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join us for this showcase of projects created by the participants in NJCH’s most recent Community History cohort. This virtual event will give you an opportunity to learn about how each organization built their history projects in consultation with their communities and give insight into the value of NJCH’s Community History program for organizations that might be interested in participating in the future.
The showcase will feature presentations by each of the five cohort members:
- Court-Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for Children of Essex County
- Greater Cape May Historical Society
- Mahwah Museum
- New Jersey Orators, Inc.
- TRUE Mentors
This program will be recorded and posted on the NJCH YouTube page following the event. You can learn more about NJCH’s Community History program at https://njhumanities.org/programs/community-history/.
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in doing community-based history work at their own organization.
- Individuals interested in learning more about how a community history project can bring people together around a common effort and learn more about themselves and others.
- Individuals interested in learning more about storytelling and memorialization—key concepts in community history—can help organizations build new ways of interacting with their communities.
- Individuals interested in applying to 2023 Community History program.
For questions about this event or the Community History program in general please contact Gigi Naglak at 609.695.4409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.