Are you a scholar with a desire to bring your area of expertise or interest to diverse audiences through a high-quality, publicly accessible humanities program? If so, consider submitting a PSP proposal for the NJCH Public Scholars Project (PSP).
NJCH is currently seeking proposals from scholars for new programs to be added to the catalogue for the 2019 program year, beginning in November 2018. We are seeking proposals that offer new program formats and humanities topics that reach a wide variety of people, encourage participation and discussion, and bring people of different perspectives and backgrounds together.
We are seeking program proposals that provide humanities perspectives on:
• Journalism, “fake news.”
• Climate and environmental stewardship, particularly related to water.
• Contemporary pop culture and contemporary music.
• Visual and performing arts.
• Cultural values surrounding drug use and drug policy, both in contemporary culture (e.g., marijuana legalization, opioid crisis, pharmaceutical prices) and historically.
• The politics of the census; the census in relationship to ideas about identity, nation, and the common good.
In addition, we particularly seek non-lecture program formats including:
• Short workshops.
• Game-based programs.
• Discussion programs.
View the full RFP or access the online application by clicking 2019 PSP Call for Scholars. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.695.4838.