THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
What is your water story?
December 17, 2019 at 2:00 PM | Brigantine, NJ | Atlantic County Library, Brigantine Branch
The great state of New Jersey is shaped by water, from the Atlantic Ocean to the Raritan River, Lake Hopatcong to the Delaware Bay. Our lives, just like our geography, are shaped by water too. Recreation and travel (ever spent time at the Jersey shore?), water management and delivery infrastructure in our own communities (ever flushed a toilet?), and economic impact and transportation (ever purchased something from overseas?) – just like turning on the kitchen faucet, it’s all a part of our every day.
As part of building a statewide water story archive, NJCH is asking residents to reflect upon and share their perspectives and memories about water. We are hosting these hour-long public discussions in every county of the state (June 2019 – April 2020) to capture stories about the different ways water matters to New Jerseyans. What New Jersey water source or waterway is most meaningful to you? How do you want to preserve such resources for the future? Why? We want to know!
Each community conversation invites participants to share and/or listen and to meaningful memories and experiences of water in New Jersey. Participants will have the opportunity to contribute their water story to a statewide public archive documenting personal connections to water and waterways in New Jersey.
Why join the discussion?
- Your voice matters – contribute your water story to the archive for future generations.
- No prior preparation is needed to attend, and all are welcome to share or listen.
- Explore the connective role of water among diverse New Jersey communities.
- We rarely dedicate time and space to dive into dialogue about our most vital resource.
- Documentation of what water sources we value is critical for ensuring their protection.
- Everyone has a water story. What's yours?
What’s your water story? will be hosted in every county in the state between July 2019 and April 2020. For a complete listing of dates and locations, visit njhumanities.org.
Atlantic County Library, Brigantine Branch
201 15th St. South